So you’re all set with your fabulous new fad diet regime, ready to plunge into the weight-loss journey. You managed to get through the first day, did that 14-hour fast, forgot sugar and carbs existed, and only lived on fruits, veggies , and protein.
But, a couple of days into the routine, inertia kicks in, hunger spasm and cravings that you thought you had easily managed comes running right back. You are fantasying (against will, of course!) about ice cream, bread and pasta. Just when you thought, you got it under control, your own mind begins to fool around and trick you into going right back.
Well, if you’re in this irritating state of mind where your brain is tantalizing you, read on!
It takes a lot of will power (which you’ve proved to have!) and a little bit of smart preparation to wade through those miserable initial days until your body becomes used to the new diet regime.
TOP 5 Reasons More Women Are Using Green Smoothies To Lose Weight, Boost Energy, And Look Years Younger
Here are a few tricks that will surely work wonders!
- Hydrate, but with ice cold water!
Yes, that’s right. Cold water can give the feeling of fullness. Also with the low temperature numbing the sensory glands in your mouth, you’ll be staving the hunger off for longer time.
- If you’re allowed to drink coffee, add a couple of ice cubes in it. Trust me, you’ll like it. It is not the greatest replacement for sugar or cream, but you’ll certainly enjoy the coolness of ice down your throat making you feel rejuvenated for the next 30 minutes or so.
- If you must indulge, stick to low-carb, low-calorie options. The important thing is to restrict calories. Plain Greek yoghurt and berries with a dash of honey is a great option that has always worked for me when I’m craving ice cream. But the trick is to eat it right out of the refrigerator so that it is cold and you feel full after.
- Drink clear soup. Clear soups are a great option if you’re craving for spice and flavor. They are light and full or nutrients. Make sure that the sodium content is low when you cook it.
- Rinse your mouth with any mouthwash after eating . Rinsing your mouth will clear off the aftertaste of food and replace it with fresh minty taste of the mouthwash.
Good luck with your weight-loss journey, and I hope these tips are helpful!