In a world where body diversity is finally being celebrated, it’s time to rethink the way we approach outfit fitting. Every body is unique, and finding the right clothes that fit well and make us feel confident can be a journey of self-discovery.
If you are a plus-size personality, finding flattering clothes can be a delightful and confidence-boosting experience. Understanding your body shape is an easy trick that will help you choose styles that accentuate your best features.
Here are some practical tips for selecting clothing that complements various body shapes, including guidance on choosing the right cuts, patterns, and fabrics. Finding flattering clothes for plus-size women can be a delightful and confidence-boosting experience. Here are ten tips to help you find the perfect clothing
How to find out your body shape?
There are five primary body shape types: rectangle, inverted triangle, hourglass, pear, and apple. To start identifying your body shape, position yourself in front of a full-length mirror without clothing or with just your underwear. Following your initial assessment, you can ascertain your potential body type. Yet, if you seek greater precision, fetch a measuring tape, measure the widths of your shoulders, bust, and hips and take our questionnaire .
- Do you observe uniform shoulder, bust, and hip width in your body?
- Are you of shorter stature and concerned that your rectangular body type might make you look shorter and heavier than you actually are?
- Have you measured your shoulder, bust, and hip width to determine their similarity?
- Did you find that your measurements are consistent across all these areas?
- Are you noticing that your body shape resembles an upside-down triangle, with larger proportions on top and smaller proportions on the bottom?
- Would you describe your body type as having a broader bust and shoulders compared to your waist and legs?
- Are the widths of your waist and legs notably smaller in comparison to your bust and shoulders?
- Have you measured the complete widths of your shoulders, bust, and hips to determine your body type?
- Did you find that your bust and hips have approximately the same width, but your waist measurement is significantly smaller?
- Does your body shape resemble the classic bombshell silhouette known as the hourglass?
- When you observe your body’s reflection in a full-length mirror, do you notice curves that resemble the shape of a coke bottle?
- Have you measured the widths of your shoulders, bust, and hips to determine if you have an hourglass shape?
- Did you find that your body measurements exhibit similar widths, with the hourglass figure standing out due to a well-defined waist contour?
- Is your waist noticeably indented, contributing to the hourglass shape of your body?
- Does the term “pear shape” resonate with your body’s appearance?
- When you observe yourself in a full-length mirror, do you notice a resemblance between your body shape and that of a pear fruit, where the upper body is slimmer and the hips and legs are wider?
- Have you measured the widths of your shoulders, bust, and hips to determine if you have a pear-shaped body type?
- Did you find that your shoulders and bust measurements are notably smaller than the width of your hips?
- Does the description of the “apple body shape” resonate with your body’s appearance, such as a rounded outline resembling the fruit it’s named after?
- When you envision your body’s shape, do you observe a circular form with no distinct waist definition and similar measurements?
- Have you measured the widths of your shoulders, bust, and hips to determine if you have an apple-shaped body?
- Did you find that your measurements exhibit close resemblance or even identical measurements for your shoulders, bust, and hips?
This Simple 5-Step System Is Allowing Ordinary People To Make Up To $1,827 Per Day…
If you answered YES for questions 1–4, yours is a rectangular body shape. If you answered YES for 5-9, yours is an inverted-triangle body type. A YES for questions 10–14 indicate you have the famous hour glass figure. Questions 15-18 identify a “pear” shaped body type, and 19-22, an “apple”-shaped body.
Now, let’s consider some points to keep in mind when choosing outfits that suit your specific body shape.
Best Outfit Types for Rectangular Body types.
To offset the square-like look, think about clothing that accentuates the illusion of an hourglass silhouette. On the other hand, you can introduce layers and experiment with different clothing proportions to bring diversity to your outfits.
As an illustration, wrap-style tops could be a suitable option.
Browse Cross Wrap Long Sleeve Blouses on Amazon.
Best Outfit Types for Inverted Triangle Body types.
If your bust and hips exhibit similar widths, yet your waist measurement is significantly smaller, then you possess an inverted triangle body shape. When selecting attire for this body type, it’s advisable to accentuate your lower half and create an illusion of elongated legs by opting for nude-colored shoes.
Best Outfit Types for Hourglass Body types.
When selecting attire, embrace your body’s uniqueness by accentuating your defined waist, and opt for close-fitted clothing that highlights your figure rather than concealing it.
Best Outfit Types for “Pear” shaped Body types
Enhance your appearance by drawing attention to your shoulders, arms, and back, while also creating a more defined waist for added contour. If you’re looking to buy a dress, look for an A-line or X-line dress.
Pleated Strapless Elastic Waist Casual Dress A-line Vintage Small Dress on Amazon
Best Outfit Types for “Apple” shaped Body type
When selecting attire for your apple shape, consider structured clothing that introduces crisp lines to your overall look, as this approach can create a slimming effect around the midsection of your body. Try wide-leg, flowing pants, and flared dresses.
Floerns Women’s High Neck Fit & Flare Midi Dress on Amazon
If you are a plus-sized women, remember that confidence is the key to looking and feeling great in any outfit, so choose pieces that make you feel comfortable and beautiful in your own skin.